30 June 2018

May/June 2018


I have been settling in. Which is a hard thing to do if you're traveling for weddings, going to work every day, and trying to keep up with those you love-- but Lord knows these are marvelous days, and I'm grateful.

It's interesting to not be in school for the first time. When I come back from work, I don't need to worry about homework; I could watch a TV show if I wanted. But with this new chapter comes new responsibilities-- if I do end up watching a TV show, eventually I'll need to get up to make dinner if I want to eat something. And there's always that phone call to make. And there's always a brand-new work day ahead.

After having the same lifestyle more or less for the last four years, it's a bit of a challenge to get into a new one. And you want to make sure it's a good one; this is your life after all. You want to make sure that you're still upholding your standards, that you're still striving for noble things outside your completion of your liberal arts degree. I've been humming over creating a brand-new schedule that incorporates mass, adoration, grocery shopping, work, running, reading, and other nonsense. (Sooner or later I'll have it figured it out. Right?)

I'm reading Jane Eyre again right now. It's been inspiring and thought-provoking in a new way since the last time I read it in high school. Jane is so no-nonsense, and since writing my senior thesis on relationships and compatibility, I appreciate it even more now. Rochester and Jane click. They have good banter, their personalities complement each other, and they suit each other because they're both so strong-willed. What are you reading right now?

Here's to beautiful summer days, with a glorious July.
-sami xo

2 comments:

  1. You wrote your thesis on relationships and compatibility? That sounds awesome! What books or articles did you use as sources?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelley! Mostly John Paul II's Love and Responsibility, along with Scripture. My thesis--which I later realized was a lot like Three To Get Married by Sheen, in idea at least-- was that couples who marry through the Church have all the tools for a successful relationship, and that gives them the biggest leg up for happiness/quality of life/fulfillment. Are you writing on something similar? Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Your comments make my day. ♥