17 April 2018

life right now

written on april 15, 2018

It's the first time in awhile that I have actually taken it slow on a Sunday. Went to mass, worked on a poster for the dance coming up on Saturday, and actually got my homework done early.

Life and things have gotten to the point where I can see things settling in nicely, and finally. Graduation is in a month, and I have a job lined up for me (an office job with the school I've been teaching for) and a housing situation that's close to ideal (a shared home with three other lovely grads), and b. staying in town with me this summer. It's all very definite, and real, and student loans and budgeting, but also strangely satisfying, like staring in the face of a challenge. I want these things to happen, and I don't even know what I'm asking for, probably.

Things that have happened recently: successfully passing my thesis defense, starting a gratitude journal, sending invitations out to family and friends for my graduation, daydreaming about new bedroom designs, buying a white dress, making a summer reading list, making kombucha for the first time. 

This is where I am in life right now.

///


This is a corny selfie I took when I was reading the Summa for theology one day and realized that I was actually enjoying myself and that my days of having the angelic doctor as homework were running out. My hair was drying because I had just taken a shower, and my bed was made for once, so I took a picture. I don't really have any further explanation; I was just... happy. So here you go.

Tomorrow I'm going to eat sushi with b. As as far as things go after that and what I've told you, I have no idea what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. ♥