03 February 2018

I choose to be happy now


I choose to be happy now.

This is a saying I've been reminding myself of for the past few years. It is helpful because, yes, emotions and exterior events are things that we can't control to some extent. But to another extent, there is something we can do about them if they are pulling us in the wrong direction.

There is a difference between being euphoric and finding fulfillment in the every day life. I may not be ecstatic about the state my life is in right now for example, but that doesn't mean I can't choose to accept it (if that's all I can do at this time) and make something good come of it.

Choosing to be happy right now doesn't necessarily mean that life is peachy-keen. Rather, it means accepting life's challenges, and instead of being bitter, using them to one's own advantage. It means growing where you are planted. It means being faithful. It means being grateful.

(Postscript- shout out to all of you who made it to the West Coast W4L! As always, it was an emotional and touching experience. Good bye, San Francisco, and hello to the pro-life generation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. ♥